Saturday 25 February 2017

Migraine - 21 Pilots

I've got a migraine
And my pain will range from up, down and sideways

So it's been a while, how's everyone doing?

These past few months a lot has changed in my life and a lot has stayed the same. I am no longer doing my A levels or working a ridiculous number of hours for no personal gain. I can officially say that I am at least 80% happier!

The main change right now is I get to spend a ridiculous amount of time cuddling dogs! I can say without any hesitation that I love my job. I love all my furry, fluff nuggets and their quirky, unique personalities. It feels like I'm part of this large, complex family who really love butt scratches! 


Stan's Pals Storm the Staffy 

But my job is taking it's toll on my body. I do an average of 20,000 a day with my most steps this month being 34,976 on one particularly busy day. To some this may seem like nothing but to my weather worn body with it's joints of a 90 year old, it makes me proud; also hella tired and the migraines are actually mind splitting!

Stan's Pals Virgil 
Some days I wake up with the inability to raise my arms and brush my hair, other days I have to have help to put my socks and shoes on. It's not pretty and it literally does nothing for me in the fight against impending doom and grumpiness! But each day when I see the excited, smiley face of Virgil baby or the equally excited wiggly butt of Minnie Moo it's as if someone has given me the shot of adrenaline I need to make it through the day with a smile on my face.
I don't know, I just really love dogs! 
One of my favourite parts of my job is pet-sitting; seeing the way the dogs act in their own homes warms my heart especially when they decide that you just have to see all their toys. The pride in their faces warms my heart and makes me want to buy a big house and adopt all the dogs!

Dogs also have a natural ability to read people as well. It seems to me as if the dogs always know when I'm having a bad day and when I just need a cuddle. Some of them can read me so well they can almost pin point the joint that is hurting the most and when I sit down they will lie on it. I've been lucky enough to pet sit for the beautiful fluff nugget Binky a couple of times now and she will wrap herself around my ankle underneath the table as I eat. Binky (or my little Binkle Bean as I call her) is only a puppy but she already know that it makes me feel better when she does this.




My Baby Tom of Stan's pals
Binky brings me on to another point; I dont just have the pleasure of Canine company. Sometimes I get the chance to look after other pets as well, the most notably for me is Tom the cat. Tom has made me change my whole opinion towards cats! Now I admit before I met Tom I was more than a little bias towards dogs being the better species but Tom is so clever and so loving that I'v been made to reevaluate. Now this cat is also an amazing help on my anxiety days. The first time I stayed at Binky's, I woke up with the most unnecessary, unshakeable anxiety that elevated my heart rate and made me light headed. Tom sat on my shoulder for over an hour purring into my ear and doing the paw kneading thing until my anxiety had all but dissipated. I hope he knows how much I love him for that.


Honestly I'm so blessed. On my bad days I have a small furry army to keep me sane. Even when I feel like my body is collapsing from within and my chest is too tight to breath, I have my four legged cheerleaders.

Honestly, I wish Ryan could see me now. He'd absolutely love Gauge and Marley, he always did love the big and dopey ones.

Also Stan's pals is Fabulous! You can find them on Facebook and you can see all the fur babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment