Monday 14 September 2015

The Circle Of Life from The Lion King

It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love



This is my first blog post in what feels like ages (but in reality is about a week) because I have had MAJOR writers block for days now. Inspiration for my writing comes in many different places and this blog post has come from me sat overthinking (as usual oops). I just finished an English lesson and during a reading exercise someone commented on the cyclical nature of a poem. I immediately got 'The Circle of Life' in my head and thought of Emma straight away therefore this blog post is formed from that.

Now Emma has just left for university and whilst they're is a strong possibility that I miss her already I'm also really proud of all she has accomplished in the 2 years that I have known her. Mine and Emma's friendship started as a result of us being in English lessons together. She totally took pity on me, bless her heart. We bonded quickly through mutual interests and the fact that I hardly knew anyone else.
The moment I knew (totally didn't just start singing Taylor Swift...no definitely not) that Emma was one of those people that I could say was one of my closest friends was when we both started singing 'The Circle of Life' due to a poem in English. That was the defining moment for me in our friendship and I am forever in awe of her ability to make people feel happy.
Now I know I'm not the only one that misses Emma but I feel like we have been growing distant for a while. This is, getting straight to the point, my fault and I've only just accepted that in my head even if I've known it for a while. I have been selfish with all my friends recently, I have let them down and neglected them because I've always made excuses to not get in touch with them. And unfortunately, Emma is no exception to this.
I am so so sorry for this and I hope that I can work out a way to make it up to her, but for now I'll just say this:


Emma,
I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavours, I know that you'll do amazing. You've already made everyone proud and I'm so pleased to have seen you get where you wanted to be. I'm sorry that we have grown distant, but I hope I can rectify that at some point. Enjoy your first week, I'll be sending happy thoughts in your direction!
Ellie x





No comments:

Post a Comment